> On Nov 10, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:
>
> I thought this might be of interest to some.
>
> —
>
> I signed up to obtain a first issue of the new Analog Forever magazine
> (https://www.analogforevermagazine.com) a few months ago. A week or three
> ago, I received an invite to a San Francisco photo walk in honor of their
> launch. Yesterday was the day...
>
> Getting ready to go, I thought about what camera to take along. The
> Hasselblad 500CM came to mind, but I recently had my Minox C and EC cameras
> out and I thought, "Hmm. I wonder if folks would like to see some Minox
> cameras. I'm sure there'll be other Hasselblads..." So I loaded a roll of
> Minopan (Agfa APX) 25 into the Minox C and a roll of Minopan 100 into the
> Minox EC. Carrying two Minox cameras with their flash unit as well as the
> Minox tripod (just in case) leaves my bag delightfully light and empty, to
> the point where I then thought, "Oh stuff it: I'll carry the Polaroid SLR670x
> by MiNT and two packs of 600 Color as well." That way we could share some
> photos at the end-walk meetup point at SF Camerawork
> (https://sfcamerawork.org). :D
>
> I took CalTrain up from San Jose to avoid having to deal with parking and
> traffic, and bussed up to the start point. Meet up was at Glass Key Photo
> (http://www.glasskeyphoto.com) on Sutter near Van Ness Avenue. I arrived as
> folks were beginning to show up and walked in. Oh my! I haven't seen a photo
> shop with a wall of printing papers and a set of refrigerators full of film
> behind the counter in quite a long time!
>
> People arrived with a delightful array of interesting cameras. Lots of
> instant film, new and old, 35mm RFs, 35mm SLRs, and MF SLRs/TLRs/RFs. A
> couple folks with 8mm and Super 8 movie cameras. Everyone was in a festive
> mood and happy to chat about their gear, their photography, etc, and there
> was a good mix of men and women as well. A few folks I knew from other events
> and places were there, notably my friends from Modern Book Gallery days
> Niniane and Danny. (Danny still works for Modern Book in their latest efforts
> and Niniane now works for Analog Forever.)
>
> The walk commenced with the usual hubbub of getting a group shot. About a
> hundred people had assembled... quite a daunting group to photograph in the
> narrow confines of the sidewalk outside the shop. After that we loosely
> meandered along in a spread out bunch of groups, first up to Bush Street and
> then down Bush to the Leica Store near the top of Grant Avenue and the Dragon
> Gate, people snapping photos as we went. Then the walk headed down to Market
> Street, and back towards Van Ness until we arrived at SF Camerawork.
>
> The conversation along the way was fun and engaging. People photographed each
> other, other people, sights along the way, etc etc. I shot one pack of my
> Polaroid Originals film, finished the roll in the Minox EC, and did about
> [...]

Heh, two  Polaroid posts in rapid succession.  A short while ago, I ran across
a Polaroid 340 with what seems to be a full pack of film, or maybe nearly
empty, the exposed tab says 01, but it looks like there are more behind it.

I expect that there is someone on this list that would get more enjoyment of of
it than I would.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com