Thanks Rick!
Do note that the opening shot of the circular stair is from within the
northwest corner of the Arc. A matching Down stair is within the northeast
section.

The Eiffel Tower involves
1. advance tickets
2. Early arrival to allow time to get through security stations.
3. Long lines waiting for the appointed/scheduled access time
4. Elevator ride slanting up from ground level to large second level.
5. Lines.
6. Elevator ride to the third level. (Extra cost, many do not do this portion.)
7. Stairway up another level to the outside viewing area.

Our tickets were for the earliest time slot (9:30am as I recall) and so we had
smallish crowds and relatively few waits or delays.

The biggest bottleneck is the relatively small elevator from the second level
to the top, and back down. I skipped that one line and walked back down which
not only gave me additional views to the outside, but also gave me many chances
for shots of the amazing complexity of girders and supports. I wish I had taken
more time with that aspect.

Stan