I am continuing to photograph covered bridges in my region, and yesterday visited the Link Farm Covered Bridge (1912) in Giles County, Virginia. If any of you have seen Dirty Dancing, that film was set at a Catskills resort in upper New York state, but the film actually used two resorts in the southeast for the shooting. One was Mountain Lake Hotel in Giles County, Virginia, and the Link Farm bridge is just off of Mountain Lake Road. Larry Colen kindly suggested some things that I can do to improve my photographs, including bracketing images and using histograms to avoid clipping. I experimented with that at home, and tried to use it in the field for this bridge but somehow got to the wrong setting and overexposed all of the images. I was running late and did not review the histograms in the field. That was a big mistake as all were badly clipped at the high end because of my error. I have posted the best of them, using post to correct somewhat for the overexposure.

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/pages/bridges.html#linkfarm

I have created a new page just for my covered bridge photos, as I expect to be taking many more, and revisiting some bridges in better weather:

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/pages/bridges.html

and have also redone the post for my earlier photo of Sinking Creek Covered Bridge (1916) which originally was too garish:

https://plymouthcolony.net/photos/pages/bridges.html#sinkingcreek
--
Dale H. Cook, decades as 35mm SLR photographer, now
Pentax K-70 w/ Pentax-DA 18-270mm walking-around lens