On 1/20/2020 11:15:28, Subash Jeyan wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 21:07:09 -0800
Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

On Jan 19, 2020, at 5:33 AM, Daniel J. Matyola
<danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:

Two excellent images.  I like the first better, because of the
simple. OoF background and the clarity of the forked tongue.
Fine work as usual.

I agree with Dan, nice work and that the first one is better, also
the second one looks like it is suffering from harsh light (beyond
your control I understand) and the highlights seem pushed pretty
hard, almost blown out on the underside of the head.  It is
interesting to me that at first the second one looked rather like a
rattlesnake. In this part of the world only the venomous snakes
(rattlers) have slitted pupils.  Gopher snakes can have very similar
markings, and have been known to flatten their heads out to get a
similar triangular shaped head with a narrower neck to rattle snakes.
  Granted, most people don’t seem inclined to get close enough to see
the pupils well enough to make sure something is a rattlesnake.

thanks Larry, i agree with you. i was initially hesitant to post the
russell's viper precisely due to the reasons you mentioned. try to
recover in post but couldn't.... interesting fact about the slitted
eye. don't know whether it is true here. but the russell's viper causes
the most number of deaths resulting from snake bites here...i could go
fairly close to it because i had an expert handler by my side.

I am however, reminded of what my old First Sargent used to say ...

*Leave the snake alone!*