Mystery solved..

This email did get though to me... and helped a lot..

Found other Victor Mayer items that match the mark on ours. Over time, some maker marks evolve.

thanks much!

On 2/8/2020 3:09 PM, Bob Pdml wrote:
I found this:

https://www.globalgemology.com/v.html

"  VICTOR MAYER

Hallmark(s):  "MV" inside a hexagonal cartouche
Information:  Founded in 1890 by German designer, Victor Mayer.  Most known for his
ornate, Fabergé jewelry.  "

The mark looks similar. Your's has 750 stamped on it, which means 18 carat,
whereas the example specifies 18ct, but who knows - might be worth asking a
professional for an opinion.

Good luck!