Our lockdown started at midnight. It was 41deg yesterday, forecast 23 for today but no rain. The supermarkets were chaotic all over the country with most of the black population leaving for their rural homes while they still could. A lot of the labour force is migrant labour.  I think they should have been stopped because most of the Corona cases so far are in the cities & now it is likely to be spread to the rural areas. Army deployed all over the country this morning. Medical services coping so far. We are severely restricted. Virtually everything now closed except essential services & supermarkets with many offering house deliveries. No running, cycling, walking the dog on the roads - only in your own yard. All national parks closed but tourists/visitors already there must stay put. All public transport & flights now stopped. Clergy may still do funerals under very strict conditions which already started last W/E. My wife, Ann, who is an Anglican Priest has been issued with a special permit. The first funeral was already yesterday with an undercover policeman in attendance. 21st April is the next critical date depending on how it all pans out. Time to get stuck in to some serious gardening & autumn clearing. At least there will be no load shedding because the power demand is so much lower.

Alan C