On 3/27/2020 4:57 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Dumbo Don is not racist. It’s just juvenile and unnecessary. Chinese virus
isn’t racist either, but it’s unkind. Just like Asian Flu and Middle East
Respiratory Syndrome. We can all do better. Trashing an Indian man over a term
that probably strikes him as correct is ridiculous.

There was no trashing Paul just a request, but you know very well that your president uses the term as a dog whistle to his white supremacist supporters.
As soon as the term was used with racist intent, it became unacceptable.
Bipin is a very good person, I expect that the gentle correction I posted will have the desired effect. As an aside, Asian does not delineate a specific people, merely an area of the planet, the same as Middle East. Chinese virus would probably have gotten a pass had the fool that is your president not poisoned the well by weaponizing it.
So yes, we can all do better.
Let's call this pandemic covid-19, which is the correct name for the disease, or coronavirus, which is what is causing the disease, I will stop insulting cute little elephant cartoon characters and will try to be more accurate in my adjectives. For your sake I will settle on dishonest don, which is certainly accurate.

all the best

bill