I've been doing "virtual" travel via Google Maps ... sort of dreaming where I'm going to go if I ever get to go anywhere again. I've made it down to Atlanta so far.

I-40 to I-85 is the quickest, but US 1 down to Columbia, SC and I-20 through Augusta are maybe less hectic. Neither appears to be all that photogenic. No place along the way that really inspires me to linger.

I'm thinking about how I could do just sticking to the numbered highways and avoiding the interstates all together.

Atlanta is just the gateway to places west ...

There's an old saying that if you die anywhere in the south it doesn't matter if you're going to heaven or to hell, you're going to change planes in Atlanta.

I'm going out west again some day. Maybe I'll make it all the way to California.

There's a couple of things I saw before that I'd like to see again & maybe try to get a decent photograph this time.