OK, I'm pleased. I just received the list of our state's press association
winners, and I've placed in the top three in photographer's portfolio and
photo essay pages, among other things. Considering that my publisher has a
spiteful streak and informed me earlier in the year in a meeting with human
resources that I'm an awful person whom no one likes, and everyone thinks my
photos suck and just haven't said anything about it in four years even
though they do seem to win awards (she's 50-something, not 12, if you can
believe it), I must say I feel a certain sense of vindication. I won't know
the actual placement until the convention in July, but I feel better. It 's
been a tough year. I wonder if they give awards for incredibly long run-on
sentences ...