Am 24.05.20 um 20:52 schrieb Godfrey DiGiorgi:

Your position on this issue has been the same and repeated every time the issue
surfaces for, oh, at least five years now.

Gee, time really flies these days. Five years already since Catalina was
presented in June 2019...

I agree: there isn't a simple replacement for some things.

For some there's even no replacement at all.

For instance, I had one device that I was using rather a lot, and it was
somewhat expensive. When it became incompatible with an OS revision, I called
the vendor and explained the situation I was seeing in detail.

Been there, done that. Just two examples for products which I'm using
all the time:

https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/catalog/product/view/id/40/s/headzone-pro-xt/

I've spoken to Beyerdynamic and there'll be no drivers for OSX versions
beyond Mojave. There is nothing comparable on the market.

I have thousands of audio files (soundscapes, live recordings)
catalogued in Media Pro. With channel allocations, locations, settings,
keywords, descriptions, the lot. Used to be sold by Microsoft and later
by Phase One/Heidelberg Systems. No 64 bit version. There's nothing else
with comparable functionality available. Some database programs for
record collectors and a few others for samples used by musicians. Of no
use to me.

Someone should come up with some kind of Lightroom for audio. Until then
I'm afraid I'll be stuck with what I have.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com