Dave Chang-sang wrote:
> Ok B&W shooters -
> Here's the issue:  how do you handle BRIGHT sunshine when shooting B&W
film ?

Hi Dave,

Ansel sez -- Use a yellow filter to cut out blue light scattered by a
cloudless sky.  Use contracted development to cut down on contrast.  That
is, overexpose a bit to place your shadows perhaps a half-zone higher than
they'd normally fall, then develop for a shorter period of time (or in a
more dilute developer) so that the highlights develop to a zone less than
normal development.

You don't need to buy me a beer, but I'll be thinking of your midday-sun
shooting while I'm drowning a large helping of chiles rellenos with a frosty
glass or two of Dos Equis Amber at my favorite Mexican restaurant tonight.
Mmmmm!

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY