On 6/27/2020 06:14:28, mike wilson wrote:
After the dead disk fiasco, I'm looking at network storage units.  Drobo stuff
seems to be either astronomically priced or unavailable here.

Anyone had any experience of these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Synology-DS420j-Bay-Desktop-Enclosure/dp/B083KG3PXN/ref=sr_1_8

I'm looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Synology-DS1019-Bay-Desktop-Enclosure/dp/B07MBCK2WF

I plan to pair it with 5 x Seagate 4TB Iron Wolf drives in a RAID 6
configuration.

Somewhat cheaper in the U.S. because I can get it for $650 USD instead of £650
GBP.

I still need to develop an off-site backup solution as well.