I think the DSLR/SLR camera market is dying and I don't see how Pentax could make a profit going back to film. And without a profit, they're not going to stay in business.

The article is right that the Asahiflex kind of started the SLR camera industry, but what product does Pentax (Ricoh) need to come up with to spark a NEW industry?

I don't think a new film camera is going to be that product. I don't think mirrorless is that product.