While I was out the other night I somehow managed to activate an internal timer with AstroTrace turned on and it locked the mirror up while it took a 5 minute exposure.

I thought the battery had died. Turning the camera off allowed the mirror to come down, but as soon as I turned it back on & pressed the shutter button it locked up again and since I was using an external interval timer ...

Fumbling with the camera in the dark I'd pressed the wrong button. I never would have figured it out if I didn't have the manual with me.