Thanks for looking, Alan.

In nature, of course, the majority do not survive, for many reasons.
Monarch larvae feed only on milkweed, which is toxic to most critters.  For
that reason, Monarchs have fewer natural predators than other insects.
(The Viceroy evolved to look very similar to the Monarch, so that, even
though it is not toxic, many predators avoid it.)  Still, many are lost to
excessive wind and water and other hazards.

I did not attempt to rehang the chrysalis.  I tried to avoid handling it as
much as possible.  Instead, I placed it on a paper towel in a dry and safe
location, as recommended by Monarch Watch.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery