I've been to 5 of them as an adult; 7 if you count Yosemite that my parents took the kids to see back during one of the two California trips that included me.

We had an hour at the Yosemite visitor center before "back in the car kids we got to go".

From there my dad took the road that goes around the north side of the park, stopping at one of the roadside picnic areas for a late lunch.

Which put us going through Death Valley in the middle of the night on the way to Las Vegas where we had breakfast at Howard Johnson's before heading on to drive across Hoover Dam.