Thanks, Christine and David!.
It is larger than a golf ball, but not as large as a baseball.

The shape grabbed my eye first, but upon closer inspection, the subtle
details are what make it interesting and attractive to my eye.

I found this specimen, with two others, on my morning dog walk.  When I
returned to the same spot a couple of days later, the others had opened up
to an umbrella shape.  I suspect this to be a Chlorophyllum molybdites,
known mostly as a false parasol, a green-spored Lepiota or a green-spored
Parasol .  Another name, however, is the vomiter, because it is the most
commonly consumed poisonous mushroom in North America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorophyllum_molybdites
http://virtualnaturecenter.weebly.com/green-spored-parasol-chlorophyllum-molybdites.html

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery