I read the other day that there is considerable interest right now on the use of colchicine in treating  heart diseases.

Henk

Op 2020-09-06 om 10:33 schreef Bob Pdml:
The autumn crocus is the source of the drug colchicine, used to treat acute
gout since the time of the ancient Egyptians.

I have some in my medicine cabinet from my last series of gout attacks about 3
years ago. It is highly toxic and there is a limit to how many tablets you can
take in a week before you have to have several weeks of not taking any, so
you’d better hope for some relief from the pain before you reach the limit.

Eating the plant can cause multiple organ failure quite quickly and there is no
antidote.