On 10/9/2020 10:20:36, Bill wrote:
On 10/6/2020 12:38 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
I was surprised to learn that the “telephoto” lens on the best Apple and Samsung phones yields only the fov of a 50 mm lens on 35 mm full frame. Not exactly a big glass look and hardly deserving of the telephoto moniker.

Paul

Not quite correct, at least on my Galaxy Note 10. The phone has 3 cameras, the wide angle is quite wide, somewhere between 24 and 28mm equivalent on a 35mm format, the standard is pretty close to 40mm equivalent, the telephoto is closer to 70mm than 50mm equivalent.
I checked this by comparing the live view on the K1 to the phone screen.
Something to remember is that the phone is a much wider aspect ratio. The Note 10 is 19:9 compared to the 2:3 aspect ratio of 35mm. I did my Q&D comparison by looking at the top to bottom coverage rather than side to side coverage.

bill

The Pentax 110 had a 70mm telephoto & a tele-extender. I don't know what the equivalent 35mm lenses would be.