I think Derek Jarman made people here aware of the strange beauty of Dungeness
so it’s good to know that his cottage was saved for the nation (by me, among
many others) earlier this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jul/21/derek-jarman-prospect-cottage-dungeness-kent-garden-museum-london

That whole area has the remote bleak beauty of flat coastal landscapes. Very
appealing.

I found this article yesterday about the railway tracks:

http://www.urban75.org/photos/kent/dungeness-railway-01.html