> On 23 Nov 2020, at 20:38, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
>
> […]
>
> I can see the options for various solutions from  carrying  lenses in a trunk
> bag on the rear rack, to one of the chest harnesses that in theory keeps the
> camera more accessible, to given unlimited budget hard luggage on a
> motorcycle. I’m curious what solutions (advantages and tradeoffs) other
> people have come up with and how much money it has set them back?

I generally don't like hanging my camera or bicycle on the bicycle where they
get all the vibration and road shocks. I use a backpack or a sling bag so that
my body absorbs most of the shock and vibration.

I almost always have a camera in my cycling backpack. Usually I keep it light …
just a small camera and one lens … but I've carried up to a three lens kit with
travel tripod for a whole day's ride occasionally. I almost took the Hasselblad
out with a 135mm lens today.

I have several packs that I use when cycling, most common one is my Timbuk2
Rapid Pack (now discontinued) which is light, spacious, and cost me about $90
in 2017. When I'm more specifically carrying camera gear, I tend to use either
a Wotancraft Mini Rider sling bag or a Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L … current
versions are on their websites with current prices. The Waterfield Musette bag
is another really handy bag that will fit a camera and a travel tripod that
I've used extensively. It's particular good if I know I'm going to want to stop
and make a shot regularly as I ride, because I can just swing it around to my
side and access the contents.

When it comes to carrying *anything* on a bicycle, of course, "less is always
more." Much better to only carry exactly what you are going to use and no
extras.