The later part of last month I indicated I was going to buy a new AF
camera and a couple of lenses.  Several members of the list gave me
some things to think about and I am indebted to those who participated
in the discussion.

My first inclination was to go with a PZ-1p because of its 4.3 fps and
1/250 sec. flash sync.  I have to thank Wheatfield and Mark Dalal for
suggesting a look at the Nikon F100.  That is one beautiful feature
laden camera that really feels good in my relatively large hands.  It
was a tough decision, but I stayed with my original selection of the
PZ-1p primarily because of the 30+ Pentax lenses I have laying around
here.  I located a new one in a box at Adorama delivered with a 4-year
Pentax warranty for about $515.

The one thing I liked about the F100 was the accessory battery grip
that provides a lot of leverage when using big lenses.  Since they
don't make one for the PZ-1p, I made my own and it really makes a
difference.

At the suggesting of Mark Dalal, a new resident of San Antonio BTW, and
comments from Mark Cassino, I bought the Sigma 100-300/f:4 EX from B&H.
 I also bought a LN- SMC 28-105/4.5-5.6 power zoom from KEH.  I shot
three rolls of Portra NC 160 and 400 with the big zoom Sunday morning
at a local dog club training session.  That is one sweet lens...sharp,
great contrast and excellent color.

Once again, thanks to all who helped

--
Kenneth Archer, San Antonio, Texas