Bob Rapp wrote:

> Don't give up! It took me years to find mine. Present owners are
reluctant
> to give them up. Be happy with the Takumars and mount and use them on
your K
> equipment.

I stumbled across mine in a pawn shop a couple of years ago.  I wasn't even
looking for it but I remembered some discussions on PDML about it so I
bought it.  It was actually quite cheap, about the same price as a
secondhand 50mm f/1.7 would be in NZ and its mint condition.  Its one of my
long list of favourite lenses and when I borrowed an LX to attach it to, I
felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.  I can't think of a more perfect
combination.

Bob's comment is spot-on IMO; I doubt the lens is "rare" but those who own
them don't want to part with them.

Cheers,

- Dave