The conjunction of planets Jupiter and Saturn was clearly visible in the sky at
6:51pm when I got up to the roof of my building. I made this first photo at
6:55 ... and just after I did so, the air filled with mist and cloud and the
view was lost.

  Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction :: https://flic.kr/p/2kjdtL6

As I looked at the photo on my computer display, I realized there was more in
it than just the two planets. I cropped away about 90% of the frame and now I
could clearly see three of the Galilean Satellites of Jupiter.

  Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction (cropped) :: https://flic.kr/p/2kjhfQS

Panasonic GX9 + Sigma 600mm Mirror Telephoto
ISO 25,800 @ f/8 @ 1/8 sec

Seen from Santa Clara on Dec 21, 2020.
Enjoy!

—