On 1/6/2021 17:08:28, Bill wrote:
Given the brouhaha going on in DC at the moment and the fact it has been
incited by #45, does what he has done constitute treason?

Note, let's not get ourselves exercised about this. I am genuinely curious.

bill

Technically no. The Constitution defines treason very narrowly and this doesn't fit within that definition.

OTOH, it's not too late to impeach him again.

And there's a good argument that it may be time for Pence to suck it up and invoke Clause 4 of the 25th Amendment.