Alan, I can assure you that you are farther ahead in the 21st century than we are! We still don't have fiber-optics internet in our twin city with the population of about 200K. (Our "best" provider, Suddenlink, a few years ago purchased and drastically ran down by Altice, a French company, - offers up to 1 Gbps/50 Mbps [down/up].)

A friend of mine who lives in Queens, NY, said it is not available in their 'hood.

Overall, with respect to ISPs, US is far behind Europe, both in coverage and prices. (Of course, the vast size of the country [with many rural areas] is a factor, but the absence of a healthy competition is by far more crucial.) We are paying in the vicinity of $100 per month for 100/10 Mbps (down/up), with the monthly traffic "allowance" of 250 GB.

Oh, yes, and it is a fine documentary photo.

Cheers,

Igor