Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure that I understand what you want to do.  Or maybe
you should worry that I’m the one that does.

> On Jan 23, 2021, at 8:33 AM, David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> leave the background alone just flip 180 the lens ball, then if possible
> isolate the ball and B&W the interior

The only thing that I’ve been able to do in lightroom that wasn’t some
variation of something you could do in a darkroom, without moving the negative
or paper, is using the clone button to move something.  For example if I want
bird where sky is, or sky where bird is, I can fudge that with the healing
tool.

To do something like take one section, flip it, rotate it  etc. and put it
back, I’d have to export it from lightroom into another program, whether it was
photoshop, or gimp or whatever that allows layers.

You can turn everything inside, or outside a sphere B&W using the adjustment
brush.  Set it to a circle exactly on that globe, then maybe erase where
something occludes it. Or alternatively, put the adjustment brush on
everything, then erase a perfect circle,  Basically, create a dodge/burn mask
and use that to apply your desaturation adjustments.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com