I just got back into darkroom work after about 15
years.

I just read through the Darkroom sections of Upton and
Upton's "Photography." This along with a Kodak
darkroom guide, and I've had no trouble.

I forgot how much fun it was. I was thinking  I was
bound for the digitial Darkroom (almost gave away my
D2 XL Chassis) when a neighbor offered to let me use
his darkroom. I find it soooo much more rewarding than
the little bit a digital mucking about I did. As
always, YMMV :-)

Good luck.

-Jeff

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com