I'm not at all sure what that question means, but:

Unless I'm shooting something like a still life, or a formal portrait, or made a conscious effort to shoot something special, my process which includes my thought process is;

    1.) I see something I want to photograph.

    2.) Do I have equipment with me that allow me to at least approximate my supposed vision.

If not, and I have a camera with me but not a lens conducive to what I want to do, and with a smart phone who doesn't, I may snap a couple of shots anyway, examine them later, decide they're crap, and forget about them.

If I do have something approximating the right equipment with me, if it's a fleeting moment;

    3a.) I'll snap a couple of pictures, and if when I examine them later if I see something that might be worthwhile, I'll play with it a while in Photoshop, maybe get something that's acceptable, otherwise decide they're crap and forget about them.

If it's not a fleeting moment;

   3b.) I'll move around the subject, take a few images from different angles, and different exposures, though, different exposures aren't really that necessary with the K-5II or K-3, as the files are really malleable, examine them later and play with the better ones in Photoshop, maybe post one or two, or decide they're crap and forget about them.

So the answer is I guess little of both, but the philosophical question really has no particular meaning, it's through my agency that the photograph gets made, but after a couple glasses of whisky or pretty much any alcoholic beverage, I'll be happy to discuss it with you, mostly because I'm human and humans like to talk, even a borderline recluse like me.