On 3/28/2021 2:56 AM, Bulent Celasun wrote:
Stan,

I think the two mindsets you described serve different purposes.
Even the same person can employ either depending on the occasion.
In a hurry? An average result is fine? The less precise, casual,
on-the-go approach would be fine.
Have time? Need some satisfaction? In a meditative mood? The latter,
more satisfying, enriching approach is appropriate.

Perhaps the essential requirement is the knowledge of the existence of
these separate pathways.
Personally, I would be very happy to reach an "outcome" like building
a box like Bill's.
Yet, I may still enjoy the "process" of trying to make a box like that
even when I fail.

Believe me, I have about a hundred little pieces of scrap wood around with joints that don't quite fit right. I made a jig to allow me to cut the finger joints on a table saw. M y plan this last winter was to teach myself how to hand cut dovetails, but I was busy enough with other stuff that I will put that project off until next winter.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List