Maybe the sensor is something special, no idea, seeing is believing. I
never felt they should be losing money. My feelings: Paying double
(compared to the KP) for a partial upgrade and a partial downgrade
feels strange.
Everytime they claim improved AF, in practice it feels identical
(mediocre). Improved frame rate, buffer, build quality, 4K video
doesn't make me run to the store. Video on Pentax DSLR is an absolute
nightmare compared to the competition.
If the viewfinder and sensor is really special maybe I would bite, but
by then my jaw would be on the floor preventing a firm bite.