> On 1 Apr 2021, at 03:35, P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Actually I think the article said the opposite, no direct usb charging, but
> it does include an external battery charger.

Hmm, not exactly.

I had an extensive talk with Mike Muizebelt this morning (the guy who did one
of the K3 III reviews on You-Tube)

What is included is a wall-plug type charger unit with USB-C cable, that plugs
into the camera.

The actual battery charge-circuitry is now built-in to the camera itself, which
is an advantage in some situations, but less so in others (when wanting to
charge a second battery for example).

An external charger is still available as a separate purchase, and the latest
versions are USB-C based as well, with a fast charging unit, and a separate
battery-charger module that uses USB-C as its power input (from that fast
charger unit, or any other USB-C power source)

(You can buy the USB-C powered battery charger separate as well, much cheaper
without the fast-charge power-brick)

BTW:
Mike told me the thing that blew him away was fast and accurate focusing.  AF-S
as wel as AF-C (tracking)
(Note that he IS a Pentax ambassador, so slightly biassed I guess, but I’ll
take his word for it on any day)