Can't you charge the battery using the original K-3 or K-3 II chargers? Or for that matter, since the K-1 uses the same battery, use that charger?

As long as the previous versions of the charger work with it, the lack of the charger wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

But since my K-3 is an adequate backup for the K-1, I don't NEED to replace it. And this doesn't appear to offer enough more that I would WANT to replace it.

Plus, if I did need to replace my K-3, the K-3 III doesn't look like it would be the best choice. I'd probably be looking for a used K-1 or K-1 II.