Ann, I can tell you that the cormorant was swimming very fast in a straight line to the swan and I feared what would happen next. However the swan blowed and turned around and made some movements after which the cormorant decided to disappear.
So any conversation they had may not have been friendly.
Fortunately I had my camera ready, though not with the right lens (28-105) so I had to crop very much. Usually my camera settings turn out to be completely wrong in such reflex situations, but this time it was OK.

Henk