The recent discussions about unique roadside structures brought to mind
some highway features near me.My favorite is a classic Jersey diner that
closed decades ago and is slowly falling apart.  I decided to run out and
take an image of it, and discovered that it was in the process of
demolition.

I found one of my older images of that diner, and decided to drive the
highway between it and my home to record what else is out there, before
everything unique  disappears.

The highway in question is US 22.  It replaced an older route called the
Easton Turnpike, and in turn has been superseded by I-78, which parallels
it to the North.  It connects the Newark/New York City area with Easton,
PA, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.  US 22 passes about 2 miles north of our
home, and is completely suburban and developed to the East of here, but
still a bit rural and partly undeveloped to the West.  The western stretch
still contains several unusual older structures, and I have tried to
document some of those that line the Eastbound lanes between here and the
Whitehouse area, a few miles to the West.

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2021/4/7/roadside

K-5 IIs, smc DA 18-135 mm F 3.5-5.6 Zoom [IF] ED AL DC WR
Comments, criticisms and suggestions are invited and appreciated.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List