One of the convenience foods I purchase at Costco is frozen Jimmy Dean Sausage & Cheese Croissants.

You're supposed to wrap them in a paper towel and defrost them (power level 3) in the microwave before re-wrapping them and heating them at full power.

There's a problem with that. The cheese melts & sticks to the paper towel, leaving you with paper towel fibers stuck to the sandwich.

I tried Parchment Paper and it works. There are no fibers left on the sandwich and the cheese that sticks to it can be scraped off with a knife. The parchment paper can be reused several times before going to the recycle bin.

And THEN ... when I take Prince along with me in the car & go through McDonald's drive-thru to get coffee I've started buying him plain hamburgers (he gets the meat & I can feed the buns to birds or squirrels or ...)

Anyway the paper McDonald's wraps a plain hamburger in is parchment paper (or close enough to make no never mind) and they're the perfect size for wrapping the Jimmy Dean Croissants in the microwave.

%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List