The app Bob mentions is one I first heard of in the context of where/when one
needed to be in order to capture the full moon framed by one of the arches in
Arches National Park.

 I use The Photographer’s Ephemeris when travel planning. If I plan to be on a
ship off the coast of Norway in early 2022 or, more likely, in 2023, which day
of which month do I target to have the best chance of a dark (moon free) night
for views of the Northern Lights? Which day of which month do I target if I
want to catch a moonrise over a fjord?

The app works great, both desktop and phone versions. Unfortunately it cannot
forecast likely weather conditions nor can it help me choose whether to put my
planning effort toward the Northern Lights or toward less exotic but possibly
more interesting scenics. That is the decision I need to make in the next day
or two…

stan

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List