I suspect it's more of a Southern US "Bible Belt" thing, because the dogwood blooms around Easter down here.

https://www.plantmegreen.com/blogs/news/easter-and-the-legend-of-the-dogwood-tree

On 4/18/2021 23:09:35, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
I have never associated dogwoods with Easter.  We had a great season this
year, with prolific and long-lasting forsythia, lots of daffodils, and more
hyacinths  than ever before.  The magnolias are also great this season, but
again quite a bit after Easter.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery