Hallo!

Back from Waukegan last night about 11pm. It was cold there the entire time I
was…! I think the overnight temperature at least two of the days I was there
was in the middle 20°F range, in mid-April… and it never rose over 48°F until
the end of the last day. Rather different from here in balmy Northern
California, where a chilly overnight is 45°F and daytime temps in the 65-75°F
range are the norm at this time of year. Brrr! I was cold.

I did see some hardy bicyclists pedaling about, obviously geared up for the
temperatures and used to them. :D

There wasn't a lot of free time to run down into Chicago. I did have an
excellent dinner with the guy I was doing business with at Inovasi's restaurant
in Lake Bluff, and I bought a very tasty small plate of ribs at Hillerie's
B-B-Q as well. That small plate was enough food for three people by my
standards…! I guess I don't eat midwesterner style quantities, I was stuffed by
the time I had eaten about a third of it.

No chance to use the gym, and only one side trip to see the BaHa'i House in
Willmette (which I promised to get to if I could and make some photos for a
friend here). I carried only the iPhone 11 Pro and the Minox B, made 131 photos
with the iPhone and 26 with the Minox. The BaHa'i House temple is a pretty neat
piece of architecture, would be fun to photograph that with the Hasselblad. For
traveling light, my "Invisible backpack" was awesome, and I could get in and
out of planes, buses, etc with it easily. Could have carried the Leica CL with
two lenses stuffed into the top of it easily too, with plenty of room to spare,
but I knew there would be minimal time to do any "real" photography so didn't
bother.

Good to be home, and the purpose of the trip was successful. The Toy I went to
inspect and acquire is on the way home. Now I know I'm in deep trouble… LOL!

usw,
—
No matter where you go, there's no place like home.