"everything but the kitchen sink"  is idiom in English  - this definition I found online defines it nicely .. it includes "kitchen sink" by itself..

"You use -everything but the kitchen sink- to talk about a lot of different objects, /many of which are unnecessary/. "They tend to pack everything but the kitchen sink in rather too many suitcases." Note: Kitchen sink is used in other structures to mean a lot of different objects. "Their stores sell everything including the kitchen sink."

ann