On 4/27/2021 5:42 AM, mike wilson wrote:

Just because thread drift is a catalogued feature of PDML, did you get your
house modifications finished?  I think the last time we heard about it, you
were sans roof with snow imminent.

That was 2003. We got lucky, it was the end of October before we got the last of the windows installed and had the place closed up, but we had a long warm autumn that year.

We are pretty much done, and at the point where everything needs a refresh. The furnace we installed in 2003 failed and was replaced in 2016, the roof was redone in early 2017, the water tank failed in 2013 so we put a gas fired tankless heater in. I would never go back to a water tank after owning a demand heater.

In 2011, we had one of those once in a century weather events that seem to happen every ten years or so, which flooded the basement and forced us to look hard at what was going on down there. We ended up gutting it right back to the concrete walls, and ended up having to rip out the driveway to allow the foundation to be waterproofed (if this isn't done on the outside, it's not going to work), and we had to have 3 walls braced with 6" steel c-channels. This is pretty common where I am. Pretty much any basement that hasn't been braced will need that work done eventually. We have really bad conditions for basement longevity.

At that time, the darkroom came out, and eventually morphed into a storage area, and the multi purpose room that had been a combination wine making room, TV room and photo studio got rebuilt as a woodworking shop.

The dogs we had then have long since gone to doggie heaven, as have the pair we got after that, and the puppies that found their way into our hearts after them are now all grown up as well.

bill

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List