Full report later -- after I charge the spare battery that was in the camera bag ...

John, that is just what I did.. took it to K&M near me , I hardly had gotten the story out when the gal behind the counter took out tools to do the chore.  She said the chamber was clean!  We will find that out for sure after I charge the spare battery that came with the camera.. K&M didn't carry them.. and owner doubted I could find one on line if the one I have doesn't come to life but I knew already that I could, having seen them on ebay..

Just got home..  Expect a PESO to follow by tomorrow if all goes well..

Thanks all for your contributions to this project :-)

ann