Rick

I was working in the lab for Prospecting Ventures, a geological exploration outfit in the Anglo-American stable in Rhodesia, but was retrenched in 1976 when they closed down because of the dangers of the bush war at the time. I was very fortunate to find work at Foskor, a phosphate mine & processing plant, in Phalaborwa at short notice and have been here for 45 years. I suffered a second retrenchment (with many others) for political reasons in 2001. Zimbabwe, formerly Rhodesia, is a mess & South Africa is rapidly going the same way.

Strangely, I have done it in sub-20 hours in both directions with 3 drivers for the Two Oceans Ultra-Marathon in CT. The speed limit on the highways is 120km/h.

That same young bull elephant was right in a swimming pool at another nearby house yesterday!

Alan C