Collin, I can't follow all your thoughts on gear acquisition. All I can say is that the K-70 with its 24 MB sensor is still a very capable DSLR for its money. I recently purchased one to use it with the 55-300 PLM and I'm very pleased with the results.
I have never been a fan to work with adapters.

Henk