Rick wrote:

"Joe, I feel the same way. We haven’t been to Asia, but my wife and I were
getting to Europe for work (with some holiday attached) once or twice a year.
My last trip was one to London in April 2019. I surmise that the photo is Notre
Dame; the fire was agonizing to watch on TV, and I’m neither French nor
Catholic."

Rick, thanks for your comment--from a fellow traveler. Of course the photo is
of Notre Dame. I found a hotel literally just across the intersection. I was
shocked and saddened when it burned. They are rebuilding it, but there is no
replacement for that forest of 13th century timbers. After I left I realized
that the air I was breathing probably had a lot of lead in it. My wife and I
are getting old, but would like to get in one last trip apiece to our favorite
countries, Italy and Sweden. And I like France, too--and England, and Germany,
and Austria, and Spain, and Portugal, and the Netherlands, etc. And I forgot
countries I've been to in Africa and South America. I miss them all, except for
Russia.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List