Hi,

> His work differs from that of most others in that it can't be judged
> from a print in a book. You have to see the silver prints.

Surely this just makes him a good printer rather than a good
photographer.

In my opinion a good photographer's work doesn't depend on the quality
of the printing (beyond a certain minimum standard of course), although
it is enhanced by good printing. Yet what you're suggesting is that AA's
work *does* depend on the quality of the printing. So where does this leave
him as a photographer?

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]