From: Patrick White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 12:51 PM
To: pentaxdiscuss
Subject: Re: MZ-S hiccup

"Alan Chan" writes:
>>My MZ-S went bonkers today.
>>Next, I reloaded the camera with a roll of royal gold 100. Camera
displayed
>>an ISO of 200.
>Just wondering, did the Z/PZ-1 have many minor problems like the MZ-S when
>1st released? Any idea?

        I don't know about when first released because my PZ-1p isn't a
first-release version, but it got confuddled last summer at the Circus
Parade.  It thought a roll of 100ISO film was 800ISO.  It had no problem
with me telling it to shoot it underrated though and the slides were fine.
In its case, I'm pretty sure it had overheated.. being a black camera in the
full sun of a cloudless, midwestern, July day was aparently too much for
it.. the camera was almost uncomfortable to hold it was so hot.
        If Wendy's MZ-S doesn't get confused again, then I wouldn't worry
about it.
As for the aperture misread, doesn't the lens have a say in the readout?  If
so, perhaps the lens' electronics overheated and got confuddled rahter than
the camera's.

later,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED])