> On Mar 2, 2022, at 2:11 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> It would be nice if folks left the URL in place so those of us who don’t have
> time to read every PDML post could see the subject of these plaudits.

Sorry, going back to the top of the thread:

A friend wants to buy a print of my night time panorama of McWay falls.  She,
however, did not want the moonset in it, so I started by building a panorama
that had all the frames that didn’t have (much of) the moonset, and processed
it using lightroom 11, rather than 6.  We then discussed what crop she wants
and this is the version we’re getting a test print made of:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/51902320923/in/album-72177720296910491/

It is amusing because when I started looking at the stitching errors on the
horizon I realized that it wasn’t lightroom messing up the horizon, but rather
waves.  Or if it is stitching errors they’ve been blurred out enough to look
like waves that it was better to leave them.

The full, uncropped panorama:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/51900856343/in/album-72177720296910491/

For the curious an album with various different treatments:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72157671581813407

Even with 64G, a modern GPU with its own 8G of ram and LR 11, the system does
tend to bog down a bit when doing detail work on a 160 MP panorama.

And all four albums with different attempts at processing these photos:
https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=mcway&user_id=99496143%40N00&album_search=1&view_all=1

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com