> John, I hope “476 of 500” doesn’t mean 500 guitars… or does it?

It does. But I don't have all 500. I only have number 476.

Rickenbacker produced a limited run (500) "Carl Wilson Signature Edition" guitars in 2000-2001. It was produced in the style of Rickenbacker guitars made in 1965 with the checkerboard binding.

http://www.rickenbacker.com/news_item.asp?news_id=35&news=old

Mine is a 360/12CW in "Fireglo" finish, number 476 of 500.

I have somewhere around 30 or 31 guitars and that's too many because I can't play them all as often as they need to be played. And it's probably going to get worse as I move them into storage while I make repairs around here.

I've been playing guitar since 1965. I didn't mean to become a collector, I just bought guitars when I wanted to play them and had the money to pay for them.

Over the years I've sold only one guitar and I've had two of them stolen (years ago before I ever thought of documenting them photographically), so they've kind of accumulated.