The 65 year average seasonal rainfall for Phalaborwa is 540mm. Higher global temperatures allows the air to hold more water vapour and therefore the rainfall would be expected to increase. We had 730mm in 2019/20 & 947mm in 2020/21. This season seemed to be following the same trend with 627mm already recorded by the end of Jan. Now, Feb. is usually our wettest month & March quite wet too so it looked like we were heading for over 800mm again. Mother Nature obviously had other ideas. Only 14mm in Feb. & 2mm in March so far. Unseasonably hot & unpleasant too - mid 30's (C) virtually every day. The rainfall in the latter part of the season mostly emanates from cyclonic activity in the Mozambique channel between Madagascar & the continent. The people of Madagascar have already been battered by several but only only one had made landfall in Africa & then in the north of Mozambique & Malawi. This year all the others peeled of and went back into the Atlantic - what a waste - the ocean is full enough already! Perhaps we will still make 700mm?

Alan C
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List